July 2020: Looking for something?
Looking for Something? Here’s Where to Find It
Now that iMember 2.0 and the new Freemason.org has launched, you’re probably looking for something that used to be... somewhere on our websites. And with all the new bells and whistles in iMember 2.0, you’re more likely than ever to use the system more often. Here’s a quick primer on where to get what:
- Log in to imember 2.0 from the top right corner of any page.
- You’ll come here for:
- Latest news and upcoming events
- The Leader landing page and past issues
- The grand lodge calendar and grand master’s itinerary
- Information about our charities
- Read the latest articles and past issues of the California Freemason, chock full of masonic education, member profile, and stories about Freemasonry.
IMember 2.0 is a robust system with lots of convenient, built-in features that will help streamline the business of the lodge.
The Member Portal is where your lodge will find most of the everyday functions they’ll need. It’s called My Portal in the navigation. This is where you’ll find tiles for the following:
- Social Feed: This new, private social feed consolidates all of your lodge social feeds if you belong to more than one lodge. Upload photos and video, like and comment on posts on each feed you’ve subscribed to. Access your lodge Vault.
- Events: Your personalized calendar can be found here – for all the lodges and groups you may be a part of.
- My Profile: Update your contact information, upload a photo, and manage your communications preferences. The ability to pay dues will appear here in future releases.
- Virtual dues card: A new virtual dues card with a QR code that can be scanned by any smart phone to validate your membership when you visit a different lodge.
- Education: The Candidate Learning Center and the Lodge Management Certification Program can be accessed here.
- Candidates and Coaches: Candidates and coaches can connect here to see the next steps in the candidate journey.
- Grand Lodge: Get your grand lodge officer information here, including the grand master’s itinerary, logo and picture.
- Member Search: Find any member from around the state.
- Seminars: Live seminars and recorded trainings for members.
- Find meetings: Find a meeting near you – wherever you are.
- Lodge Locator: Find a lodge near you – wherever you are in California, and in over 30 other Masonic jurisdictions.
- Resources: Find publications, forms, and other resources you were used to finding in the previous Member Center.
Members and lodge leaders will find easy-to-see information about their members and the lodge, a suite of communications tools, and more:
- Member information
- Member, spouse and widow information
- See any balance due for annual dues
- Easy processes for updating member and lodge data, document storage, and more.
- Lodge leaders can see a bird’s eye view of all members, from birthdays and anniversaries, to when candidates received their last degree.
- Lodge information
- Lodge documents and reports
- Run all of the same reports you’re used to
- Greater visibility into the annual per capita process
- Connect to the lodge Vault
- Secretaries have access to bylaw forms and requests for dispensation
- Member engagement tools: for Secretaries, Treasurers, Masters, and Wardens
- Contact info dashboard that shows how much (or little) contact information you have for members
- Lodge calendar for all your events, and which populates your lodge feed and lodge websites
- Post to the social feed as the lodge
- Email members, or a list of members, straight from the application. No need to manage separate lists outside the system.
- Text or robo call members who have opted in. Easy to set up and schedule. Free text/calls of up to one per member per month. Above that, a low fee of five cents a message per member will apply, and lodge leaders will see a tally and be billed in their yearly per-capita statements each year.
- Inspectors dashboard
- This dashboard rolls up the district and can see all the same information as lodge leaders in one convenient spot.
Additionally, more features are in the pipeline and will be rolled out to the membership as they are ready. Stay tuned for more!
Your July Checklist
Stay on track of lodge business and prepare for important deadlines. Here’s your July checklist.
Senior Warden, along with Executive Committee
- Identify and approach members for 2021 open elected and appointed officer positions.
- Identify and approach members for the 2021 Audit, Membership Retention, and any other committees.
- Set calendar for 2021 and identify event leaders.
- Continue preparing 2021 budget.
- Set installation date and approach installing officer, master of ceremonies, and chaplain.
- Review all candidates’ progress towards advancement.
- Continue tracking 100% officer giving to the Annual Fund, with officers setting an example through gifts that represent their capability as well as their commitment to our charitable programs.
- Begin preparing semi-annual report of membership activity, due in August.
- Report all suspensions for non-payment of dues by September 13.
- If your lodge has employees, file quarterly federal payroll tax form 941 (unless IRS has approved an annual filing of form 944, due in February).
- If your lodge has employees, file quarterly state payroll tax form DE9/DE9C and deposit form DE88.
- Using the Grand Lodge Intacct payroll system? Financial Services will complete the above quarterly payroll tax returns for you.
- Begin preparing semi-annual financial report, due in August. Using Intacct? The report is available and auto-generated from the Intacct system.
- Begin preparing semi-annual report, due in August.
Questions? Contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 292-9180.
Question of the Month
Last month we asked if your lodge has held video conference get-togethers. Below are the results:
- 62% Yes (regularly)
- 9% Yes (occasionally)
- 9% Yes (once)
- 21% No