Masonic Homes of California
California Masons dedicated the first Masonic Home in Union City in 1898. Created to shelter widows and children left destitute and alone, it was our fraternity’s first major, tangible testament to the Masonic ideals of brotherly love and relief. Today, the Masonic Homes of California has expanded into a robust, statewide network of critical resources and services.
Through compassionate care, the Masonic Homes pledges to keep Masonic family members of all ages, throughout California, safe, healthy, and connected through relevant, impactful resources including:
- Masonic Outreach Information and Referral Services: Masonic family members can contact Masonic Outreach Services for help connecting with local services – from veterans’ benefits to home care and transportation agencies.
Call (888) 466-3642 to speak with a care manager.
- Masonic Senior Outreach Services: Senior fraternal family members can access needed resources to stay healthy and safe at home or in a retirement community in their local area.
- Masonic Family Outreach Services: Masonic families can access assistance navigating complex life challenges, including assistance during economic challenges, support for divorce and other difficult transitions, and information about local resources.
- Residential Senior Communities: Dynamic campuses in Union City and Covina offer an active lifestyle, social activities, and compassionate care for retired Masons and their wives and widows.
- Masonic Center for Youth and Families: Comprehensive, integrated behavioral health services are provided for children struggling with mental health difficulties. Experienced psychologists, social workers, and therapists work with the whole family.
Learn more about the Masonic Homes.
The Masonic Homes of California is solely funded by member donations. Make a gift to support brothers in need.
Masonic Outreach Documents
Masonic family members in your lodge may experience hardships related to aging, economic difficulties, or other stressful circumstances. These resources can help your lodges meet its obligation to provide fraternal relief.
For more information about creating an outreach program at your lodge, or to request help for yourself or a brother or sweetheart in need, contact Masonic Outreach Services at (888) 466-3642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lodge Resource Documents
The documents below can be printed and posted in your lodge, included in your Trestleboard or website, or emailed to members.
- California Masonic Assistance Directory
- Common Questions about Masonic Family Outreach Services
- Common Questions about Masonic Senior Outreach
- Engaging EA & FCs in Outreach.pdf
- Guide for Involving Masonic Youth in Outreach
- Guide for Reaching Out to Members with Remitted Dues
- Guide to a Successful Outreach Committee
- Guide to a Successful Widows Committee
- Masonic Center for Youth and Families: Trestleboard Ads
- Out-of-State Member Benefits
- Outreach Resource Roundup
- Signs a Child Might Need Help
- Your Online Guide to Masonic Assistance
- Your Online Guide to the Masonic Center for Youth and Families
- Your Phone Script for Outreach to Elder Brothers and Widows
Use the resources below to reach out to elder members and widows through postal mail.
- Sweetheart Survey
- Masonic Widow Benefits Letter
- Member Benefits: An Important Reminder
- Out-of-State Member Benefits Letter
Inform your lodge about Masonic Outreach Services with a PowerPoint presentation.
- Masonic Center for Youth and Families
- Masonic Family Outreach Services
- Masonic Senior Outreach Services
True Tales of Masonic Support
Share these stories of Masonic Outreach Services with your lodge to help members understand the impact of their charitable gifts. These resources can be printed and posted in your lodge, included in your Trestleboard or website, or emailed to members.
- A Call for Help
- A Daughter’s Gratitude
- Brother in Blue
- The Care Givers
- The Journey Home
- The Many Hands of Masonic Relief
- True Masonic Values
- Understanding Catherine